Great Annual Winter SOT Comp.
Time & Location
About The Event
Hey guys/girls Winter comp briefing have a read if your entering $20 entire. $900prize pool plus spot prizes
Sons of Tangaroa Spearfishing Club -Winter Spearfishing Competition Rules
Date: June 26th and June 27th back up dates 3rd and 4th July
Time: from 6am Saturday to 6pm Sunday
Prize giving: Wednesday July 7th 6.30pm
Location of prize giving: SOT HQ, Tauranga fish and dive club, 60 Cross Road, Tauranga
Competition Area: Lottin Point to Thames
Red crayfish in millimetres best photo
Snapper in millimetres best hard luck story
Butterfish in millimetres dick of the day
There is no weigh in. All entries will be a photo of fish on a measuring tape or ruler.
Fish/crayfish will be measured in length in millimetres. Fish will be tip of the nose to the vee of the tail. Crayfish will be width of the tail at 1st pinnacle, as per fisheries NZ measuring
Each person can present only one fish per target species. Presented fish must be of legal size as per Fisheries NZ requirements.
All entry photos will be posted to Sons of Tangaroa spearfishing club Facebook page before Sunday 9pm
Scoring will be on average length. This will be worked out by total length of all fish in the species entered divided by the number of fish entered.
Points will be allocated to fish/crayfish. Closest to average length gets the highest points. Points will be the same amount as fish entered, i.e. 10 fish, closest to average 10points 2nd closest 9 points. Most points combined wins.
Photo competition entries will be sent in to club page then most ‘likes’ will win
Best hard luck, dick of the day will be picked by show of hands at prize giving. Dick of the day is by nomination
1. While the competition is a solo event we encourage everyone to be Diving in pairs.
2. Access to fishing boundary can be via boat or from shore.
3. Each member of a team may carry one spear gun.
4. Guns must be loaded by muscular force. Cartridge type, compressed gas guns and power heads are not permitted.
5. Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Knife, Weight belt, Torch, and protective clothing may be used.
6. Flashers, Flasher rigs, Fish attraction devices may be used.
7. Each team must tow one Red, Yellow or Orange coloured float. This equipment must be fitted with a divers flag of at least 15 x 20cm and be self-righting.
8. Spare gear may be carried. (Caution: No guns or shafts may be carried hanging vertically in the water)
9. Divers under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
10. The use of scuba tank is not permitted in the competition.
11. Any fish caught inside the local marine reserves will mean all persons on the boat concerned will be disqualified.
12. Crayfish must be caught by hand, noose or Cray hook. No Cray pots or nets to be used.
13. You must be at the prize giving to win prizes.
14. You must be registered by Friday 25th 9pm