SOT Spearfishing Comp!!!
Time & Location
About The Event
BIG THREE COMP
When: 7.00pm Fri 20th (briefing) and 5.00am - 4.30pm Sat 21st (Comp)
Where: Sons of Tangaroa HQ, Tauranga Fish and Dive Club, Sulphur Point
Cost: $35 SOT members, $45 non-members (pay cash at briefing)
Prizes: Wicked $2,000 prize pool thanks to Tony at Dive Zone Tauranga including a float boat, a dive watch and heaps of gear, and thanks to Beauchat for their two $250 vouchers.
Long Time Addicts 1 x Snapper, 1 x Kingi, 1 x Red Cray
New to the Addiction: 1 x Butterfish, 1 x Blue Maomao, 1 x Kahawai
This is a pairs event, all divers to use the one-up one-down method and display a dive flag on their flat
• The SOT official record area - coastline from Thames to Lottin Point, including channel, cuvier, Great Mercury, Aldermans, Mayor and White Island
• Entry fee to be paid at the Friday night briefing 7.00pm at SOT HQ (Fish and Dive Club Sulphur Point)
• All fish to be gilled and gutted, crayfish to meet MPI standards
• Diving starts at 5.00am, all divers must be at weigh-in at 4.30pm, prizegiving after weigh-in,
• Prizes for heaviest fish in each category and overall category winners as well as Dick of the Day